It Was A Long Day

It was a long day. The heat was stifling; the air was suffocating and temperature just seemed to climb and climb. At one point I stood up from my chair, which was sealed to the back of my legs,  and the act of separating the two felt like peeling off a sticker. Next, my dog had a moment of bad behavior which made me simmer in frustration. I gave him the silent treatment for a little bit but couldn't stay mad.  He set his front paws on my shoulders and gave my nose a kiss, evaporating all irritation. My dog and I then went for a walk but had to detour home to lure him to discard a shard of some foreign object in his mouth.  At first I thought it was a rock but then he plopped it on the ground when the game grew boring and it look more like a piece of bone from maybe a pork chop or ribeye steak. When I finally started to make dinner, it was almost 9 p.m. Even though it was now dark, the heat still made me feel sweaty and uncomfortable as if I ballooned to an enormous size. Having a long day called for a drink, I figured, so I made a cosmo. Usually cosmos are a cheery pink color but not the one I made. The new orange liquor I bought was blue. When I bought it I thought the bottle was blue-colored glass but no, it is the actual liquor. Looking at it in the measuring cup I was reminded of cough syrup. I became fearful that was what the drink would taste like. When you mix together blue orange liquor and red cranberry juice, you get a drink that resembles a bruise. Not at all pretty but it still tastes fine. It seemed a fitting way to conclude this day. 

Comments

Popular Posts