February In Review

 So, my month-in-reviews continue. I am a bit late for February but better late than never! 

Feb. 1



I began the month frantically trying to remember the past week's events to transcribe them into my daily journal. Despite its name, I haven't been updating my journal daily since I got it three years ago; it is more like once a week. 


Feb. 2


Oli can be part ninja, part chameleon. Some nights it is like we are playing hide-and-seek. 


Feb. 3


The most remarkable part of this day was the dessert I ate that night. It was a chocolate tart. It was absurdly delicious. 


Feb. 4



My parents generously allow me to make Sunday dinners at their house a weekly routine. Growing up, I took family dinners, and all the meals my mother cooked, for granted. Not any more. 

Feb. 5



I was sitting on the couch, almost ready to conclude a rather lethargic Monday evening when I realized I hadn't snapped my photo-of-the-day. So this is what I ended up with. 

Feb. 6



In 2020, I resolved to do a few minutes of sit-ups, push-ups and the like every day. Four years later, I am still doing my calisthenics. Has any of this produced favorable results? Who knows but I figure I am in too deep to stop now. 

Feb. 7 


After years and years of stumbling and fumbling through the dark to get to my front door, my parents surprised me this evening by wrapping the banister with twinkle lights. Now, my front steps are cast in  a fairy-light glow. 


Feb. 8


Oli got a haircut for the first time in two years. He is such a handsome dude.


Feb. 9



Sometimes to look beautiful you have to first look terrifying. 

Feb. 10


 A snowy scene I snapped right after leaving the co-op market. 

Feb. 11




Sunday night is yoga time! 


Feb. 13 (Yes, the skipped days has begun) 


This is Oli's and mine ritual when we return from a walk. I lure him back inside with a trail of kibble bits. 

Feb. 14 



Valentine's Day. Oli is my valentine! 

Feb. 15 

Oli just being cute!

Feb. 16


I thought it would be clever to take a "candid" photo of myself doing work from my parents' kitchen table. This backfired since I look incensed for mysterious reasons. 


Feb. 17



Comedy night at Muy Salsas. I think anyone who bravely takes a mic in front of a crowd of strangers deserve a standing ovation.  

Feb. 19 



It was a federal holiday but not for me. I worked from my parents' kitchen table while Oli snoozed. 

Feb.  22


 I've always shoveled snow from the stairs I shared with my neighbors. When the snowflakes fall, it's me who is loudly scraping the metal shovel against the concrete and sending snow and slush hurdling towards both our homes. While I have long accepted being the designated snow shoveler, it really meant a lot when my current neighbor knocked on my door this evening to give me this sweet card and an Amazon gift card. 


Feb. 23




Getting rid of the grey hair! 

Feb. 24


It was the calm before the storm at the Knights of Columbus, the venue for the Rotary Club's Crabfest fundraiser. I took tickets and attempted to accurately note who picked up a paper plate to use as a paddle during the live auction items. I was given a beautifully organized and formatted spreadsheet, which I destroyed with my scribbled notes that curved around the edges of the tables. 


Feb. 26 


Los Alamos as seen in the rain at night! 

Feb. 27 



Reported on a ribbon cutting for the new Bilingual Montessori School. I love ribbon cuttings. Everyone is excited and this town, which suffers from an epidemic of old, decrepit buildings and businesses fading away, gets something fresh, brand-new, and brimming with possibility and promise. 

Feb. 28


This is Oli's favorite bone. At one point it was a wishbone, now it is just a nub. 

Feb. 29 


Reported on the legislative briefing at  SALA Event Center. I felt rather proud of myself because I accomplished something I rarely do - got ready early and  arrived on time.

And that is a wrap for February! 

Comments

Popular Posts