A Real Worrywart


I am a worrywart. No one has described me as this; I labeled myself. I am acutely aware of how I constantly churn and grind in my mind all that troubles me. I worry about work, worry about the current state of the country, of the world and I really, really worry about my family. This isn't anything new; I've been prolifically aghast at any sign of trouble or conflict since I was a kid. Why everybody and everything can't just operate in a smooth, calm and unencumbered state baffles and infuriates me. 

So how exactly does a worrywart stop worrying? I have no idea. I constantly tell myself to let things go but I never truly loosen my grip. Not until I am certain things are alright. But what I forget oftentimes, mostly because I am so distracted by my woes, is that things eventually, inevitably, do become alright. My own experiences have proven this time and time again. So to all my fellow worrywarts out there, take it from me - a real pro at worrying - that things will be OK. 


Me in one of more my more "chill" moments. 

Comments

Popular Posts